As Chairman of the Falls Church City Republican Committee (“FCCRC”), and pursuant to the Plan of Organization of the Republican Party of Virginia and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, Matthew Kahn, do hereby issue this call for a Mass Meeting to be held at American Legion Post 130, 400 N. Oak Street, Falls Church, Virginia 22046
, starting at 7:30 PM
local time on April 2, 2020
, for the following purposes:
- Electing a Unit Chairman;
- Electing members of the FCCRC;
- Electing up to 25 Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the District Convention of the 8th Congressional District, to be held on May 30, 2020, at The Waterford at Springfield, 6715 Commerce Street, Springfield, VA 22150, beginning at 10:00 AM for the purpose of:
- Electing a District Chairman;
- Nominating a Republican candidate for member of the U.S. House of Representatives to be voted for at the election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020;
- Nominating a Republican candidate for elector for President and Vice-President of the United States to be voted for at the election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020;
- Electing three members of the State Central Committee for a term of four years or until their successors are elected;
- Electing three delegates and three alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina on August 24-27, 2020; and for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the convention.
- Electing up to 10 Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the State Convention, to be held on May 1-2, 2020, at Greater Richmond Convention Center, 403 N 3rd St, Richmond, VA 23219, beginning at 2:30 PM on May 1, 2020, for the purpose of:
- Binding Virginia Delegates to the 2020 Republican National Convention as to their choice for President on the first ballot by a Presidential Preference Poll;
- Electing 12 At-Large Delegates (“National Delegates”) and 12 At-Large Alternate Delegates (“National Alternates”) to the Republican National Convention to be held on August 24-27, 2020 at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, NC (or its alternate site) (the “National Convention”);
- Nominating two Electors At-Large to be voted for in the presidential election on November 3, 2020;
- Electing a State Chairman;
- Nominating a National Committeeman and National Committeewoman;
- And for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention.
- and such other business as may properly come before the mass meeting.
Qualifications for Participation
All legal and qualified voters of the City of Falls Church under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in this Mass Meeting, subject to the provisions in Article I of the Plan of Organization. There is no registration fee for participants.
Candidates for election as Unit Chair must file a written statement with Matthew Kahn by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by physical delivery at 123 Tollgate Way, Falls Church, VA 22046 by March 26, 2020, at 5:00 PM and shall include with their written statement a check or evidence of payment of a $100 filing fee.
Candidates for election to membership of FCCRC, as delegates to the District Convention of the 8th Congressional District, and as delegates to the State Convention must file a written statement on the official filing form, which is available on the FCCRC website at fallschurchgop.org
and shall include with the official filing form a check or evidence of payment of the applicable filing fees as set forth on the official filing form. Filing will be accepted by mail or physical delivery if received with the fee or fees listed on the official filing form at 123 Tollgate Way, Falls Church, VA 22046, by 5:00 PM, local time, on March 30, 2020; postmarks shall not govern.
All checks should be made payable to Falls Church City Republican Committee.
Military Members as Delegates
Military Members (any members of the Virginia National Guard, or the United States Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, or Coast Guard currently serving on active duty) who comply with these filing requirements shall not be required to be elected, but shall be declared delegates pursuant to Article VIII, Section H. of the Plan of Organization of the Republican Party of Virginia.
Military Member delegates or alternate delegates that are unable to attend the convention in person due to obligations of their official military orders, shall have their votes cast within their unit delegation according to candidate preference ballots. Instructions regarding the casting of candidate preference ballots are available in the Call for the Convention, which is available on the website of the Republican Party of Virginia (virginia.gop
If not more than the number of persons to be nominated or elected shall file for any office, then such properly filed persons shall be declared nominated or elected as the case may be, and no election will occur for that office. Should all elections be cancelled, the Mass Meeting will also be cancelled. A notice of cancellation will be posted on the website of the Republican Party of Virginia (virginia.gop
This Call shall be posted on the website of the Republican Party of Virginia (virginia.gop
), and published in a newspaper of general circulation.